As part of National Adoption Week we asked for contributions in the form of a list of questions and answers supplied by our children on the subject of us – their parents.
Having received quite a few sets of these answers, some parents have chosen to omit certain questions in order to keep the responses within safe boundaries; and others have run with every single one of them and each and every contribution has been so gratefully received.
If you’d like to contribute, please feel free to play around with the format and customise it to suit your own family and forward your answers to me.
1. What is something I always say to you? Oh, not this again. Guess what… I love you. (Clearly bored already…)
2. What colour are my eyes? Greeny pooper colour. (I hope not)
3. What makes me happy? The moon coz you want to watch sparkly dresses all day and night. (I think this is a reference to Strictly Come Dancing which I’m a bit partial to).
4. What makes me sad? The sun coz you can’t watch sparkly dresses. (I’m not completely obsessed with Strictly…)
5. What is my hair like? pointy. (True)
6. How do I make you laugh? By going pffff (points one hand in the air and the other at the floor making a pfff noise) (Don’t remember ever doing this.)
7. What do you think I was like as a child? I’m looking at the stars.. Stop distracting me. I’m trying to see the moon and the stars. (More boredom I think)
8. How old am I? 88. (Not true)
9. How tall am I? As tall as that lamp. I mean as tall as a house. (Somewhere in between)
10.What is my favourite thing to do? Playing cookalooloo with me. (Again, no recollection of what this is)
11. What do I do when you’re not around? Going to golf and watching golf. (Somewhat true)
12. What am I really good at? Golf and reading. (Hopefully true)
13. What is something I’m not good at? Looking after me. (I think – and hope this is a joke as it was said between loud guffaws)
14. What do I do for a job? Do work. (Yep)
15. What is my favorite food? Mustard. (Absolutely not true)
16. What do you enjoy doing with me? I’ll show you… (picks up a picture she has made) Drawing with me. (True)
Aged 4 1/2