– First of course the Adoption Panel saying YES!
– The first time I lay eyes on my beautiful sons.
– The moment I realised I was totally and utterly in love – instantly.
– The first ‘Daddy’.
– The first ‘I love you Daddy”.
– A hot little body climbing into bed as I wake.
– Every time one of their tiny hands reaches out for mine.
– The spontaneous kiss brought about from a moment of sheer joy.
– That moment of sheer joy.
– The first painting of ‘our family’ for the fridge door.
– The first painting of our family with five smiling faces (the cat was happy too).
– When the ONLY seat is my lap, regardless of the six empty ones.
– When I caught them singing along to a pop song (a little less wondrous that it was Gangnam style).
– When they say something really smart.
– When they do that Meerkat thing of looking up straining their necks to make sure I’m still there.
– When they hurt themselves and desperately need you and only you.
– When they hurt themselves and they respond to the magical healing powers of a hug and kisses.
– The first time ‘they’ remind ‘me’ that it’s time for the bedtime story.
– The first time they pick up a book by themselves and start to ‘read’ it.
– When they fall asleep in my arms.
– Those certain heartfelt smiles that say ‘I’m doing it right’ .
– Realising I have everything I ever wanted, but thought that I could never possibly have.